Use the Tab and Up, Down arrow keys to select menu items.
The Professional and Community Engagement (PACE) international internship course provides an opportunity for practical application of disciplinary theory, skills, and knowledge prior to and during your international internship experience. This course is open to students who have already secured their internship placement and to students who are seeking an international placement. Availability of placements, associated travel and accommodation costs, and student support whilst on international work placement will vary.
Half of this course will take place in the classroom and half the course takes place in the international workplace where you can put that knowledge to use.
- To develop an ability to evaluate the relationship between discipline knowledge as it applies to an international workplace.
- To build understanding of multicultural perspectives and ways of being, including but not limited to Maori and Pacific perspective.
- To build employability competencies that are reflective of international industry standards.
In PACE350, you will:
- Spend a designated period abroad working on a project for an international business or a community organisation.
- Carry out ongoing personal and professional development assignments.
- Conduct a project that links your disciplinary knowledge to the knowledge acquired through your international internship practice.
- Present and share your experiences with the other students in your cohort.
By the end of the course, students will be able to: Critically evaluate the knowledge and skills within their discipline within an international workplace context. Integrate professional development knowledge into an international context. Analyse employability competencies in the context of international standards. Critically reflect on values, ethics, and competencies of New Zealand cultures, including Māori and Pasifika, in relation to the international workplace.
Students must have completed at least 60 points of their 200-level major requirements.
Students must attend one activity from each section.
Japan Applications 2023
Domestic fee $1,641.00
International fee $7,500.00
* All fees are inclusive of NZ GST or any equivalent overseas tax, and do not include any programme level discount or additional course-related expenses.
For further information see